Thursday 6 May 2010

May????

Wow time sure is flying at the moment! I can't believe that we are already in May......

I am still really into my crochet and am making items that can be sold for charity.

I am really enjoying experimenting with different yarns/wool, and what happens if I use different sized crochet hooks. For the first time in a while I am actually really enjoying the whole thing....








So far I have done friendship bracelets, hair scrunchies, placemats/coasters, and also soap and pot pouri sachets.

I am now looking for simple patterns which I can use to both get experience in following patterns whilst still using up the wool I have accumulated over the years, left over from my teens when I went through a knitting phase.









I have just bought a couple of US crochet pattern books and apart from the US and UK terms being a bit different, the patterns are really wonderful and I am itching to get started on something more challenging, but I am managing to refrain from biting off more than I can chew so to speak....





I am also picking up some gorgeous coloured and varigated wools to see how they turn out in crochet rather than knitting.


I will be setting myself a rota now though as I starting a new course in the next few days, only a 10 point course at level 1. S180 Life In The Oceans: Exploring Our Blue Planet. So less crafting time :S

No comments: